So, I suppose I should tell you a little bit about me, you are after all reading my blog.
Who am I? The age-old question that everyone asks, and a question that is sometimes very difficult to answer. I will, on this page attempt to answer it in a nutshell.
Very Important Facts About Me That Are Totally True
- I am a unique and rare breed not only am I left-handed, but I’m also a curly red-head. I stand out in a crowd.
- I love Curly Wurly chocolate bars, it’s like they were made especially for me.
- I really did share the lift with a cat.
- I love a good thunder-storm, but it has to have the works wind, rain, thunder and spectacular lightning.
- Currently developing a liking for Elephants, I seem to keep buying Elephant orientated things.
- I don’t like Brussel Sprouts, but I will still eat two at Christmas time because my mum says so.
- I love polka dots.
- I own a pair of red sparkly shoes just like Dorothy ( since writing this, my dog has since eaten them)
Very Unimportant Facts About Me That Are Totally True But Not As Interesting
- My name is Bec and I am a nomad. I was raised in expat communities
- I absolutely love telling stories, whether off the cuff to my class ( Yes, that’s right, I’m a teacher) or typing them up and filing them in my projects folder.
- Interesting characters are what fuel a story for me. I can spend ages creating a character without a plot in mind.
- My high school English teacher was an inspiration to me.
- I took creative writing classes at Uni and loved them, then started teaching and found I had little time for writing. I am determined to change this.
- I’m a Teacher Librarian, and genuinely love going to work every day
- I play Mahjong.
- My dream is to have my books published so I can share a little bit of my quirkiness.